Ditch the Pitch
The Department is currently working at a limited capacity onsite. You can file a complaint and submit applications for licensing online. Filings you do not wish to make, or that are not available, online should be submitted via mail for processing.
Department staff is available to assist with any questions at (800) 922-1594 (toll free in SC) or 803-734-4200 8:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding State holidays. You can also email general questions to email@example.com.
Education is a core component of SCDCA's mission. We have been giving free presentations to South Carolina consumers and businesses for decades. We have currently put our in-person presentations on hold and are only giving webinars at this time. Our webinars are not just for the tech-savvy! All you need is a phone and you can join.
All of our presentations are always free. To request a presentation, please fill out this presentation request form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are giving free webinars every Wednesday. To look at the schedule and register, click here.
ID Theft / Scams Related:
• General ID Theft and Scams Overview
• I'm an ID Theft Victim, What Now?
• Child ID Theft
• The Do Not Call Registry: What It Can and Cannot Do
• Online Shopping Scams
• Don't Get Hooked by Phishing Scams
• Creating Strong Passwords
• On the Job Hunt? Lookout for Job Scams!
• COVID-19 Scams
• Dating Scams
• Security Breaches
• ID Theft and Investment Fraud
Financial Literacy Related:
• Credit Reports – What They Are and Why They Matter
• Credit Scores Explained
• Credit Report Myths
• Financial Fitness for Older Adults
• Guarding Your Wallet on the Road
• Tax Time Tips
• How Social Media Can Affect Your Pocketbook
• Teaching Financial Literacy at Home
• Making Sense of Money – Learn the basics of being money smart separated into five easy to digest categories: Earn, Spend, Save & Invest, Borrow and Protect.
General SCDCA Education:
• Filing a Complaint with SCDCA
• Consumer Protection and Law
• Debt Collection
• Landlord/Tenant Act
We strive to ensure consumers and businesses alike are aware of their rights and responsibilities in the marketplace. Our staff is available to present to your constituents, employees, community group, association or club about consumer topics, including identity theft and scams, credit reports and scores and debt collection. Trade, professional, or industry associations and groups, as well as businesses, may also request a presentation on laws within the Department's purview.