Skip to main content
The Official Web Site of the State of South Carolina

**Technical difficulties with the SCDCA complaint system have been resolved. If you experience any problems with the complaint system you may email our office at and we will return your message on Monday**

Motor Clubs

The Motor Club Services Act requires that all motor clubs doing business in the State and representatives of these clubs file with the S.C. Department of Consumer Affairs. The filing fee is $500 for Motor Clubs and $20 for each Motor Club Representative.

*Please note the Department's new physical address is 293 Greystone Blvd., Ste. 400 | Columbia, SC | 29210*
**Mailings may still be sent to PO Box 5757 | Columbia, SC | 29250-5757**


Licensing Forms

Annual Renewal of Motor Clubs

Motor Club Certificates of Authority are renewed annually from September 1 to October 31.  Renewals may be made by submitting the following:

  • Motor Club Certificate of Authority Application (PDF)

  • The motor club's most recent financial statement prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and certified by two officers of the corporation

  • A check in the amount of $500.00

  • A copy of the motor club's bond Continuation Certificate which bond should be on file with the Department in the amount of $50,000.00

Annual Renewal of Motor Club Representatives

Motor Club Representative Registrations are renewed annually from March 1 to April 30. 

Motor Club Representatives may file their renewals online using the Licensure Gateway.  For filing instructions, see the User Guide for Individuals (PDF).  Once you are ready to renew, click the "File Online" button on the right-hand side of this page or go to

IMPORTANT: Please contact the Motor Club Company you represent to make the required $20 payment, as online payments are not accepted from representatives at this time.