Stay updated as we highlight key topics, helping you to become a more insightful consumer.
- Gas Prices (PDF)- Consumers can use these tips to help stretch their dollar and get the most out of a gas purchase.
- Holiday Shopping (PDF) - Follow these shopping tips to get the most from your holiday deals.
- Shopping and Overspending (PDF) - When going on shopping sprees, consider these long-term effects overspending can have on your pocket and credit!
- Dating Scams (PDF) - Exercise caution when communicating with strangers on the internet. Consumers can be taken advantage of by far away lovers that claim to be "strapped for cash."
- Phishing Scams (PDF) - Don't take the bait! Learn how to recognize and avoid bogus emails designed to get you to give up personal information.
The South Carolina Department of Consumer Affairs aims to protect consumers from inequities in the marketplace through advocacy, complaint mediation, enforcement and education. To file a complaint or get information on consumer issues, visit www.consumer.sc.gov or call toll-free, 1-800-922-1594.